Friday, August 03, 2007

week 9/16 - week ending 5/8/07

Monday - Had an upper wisdom tooth removed and told not to run in case it made the bleeding worse but ran anyway, the gum had healed by the time I got home - so I ran an easy 10k in just under 45 mins.

Tuesday - ran home from work via Gladesville Bridge and got the now customary honk from Vat as he drove past. Did St.Leonards to Drummoyne rowers 10.8k in 45.45 (4.15 pace) continued on via CR 5K course in 19.35 then an easier 4.5k jog home for a total of 20.3k in 85.40.

Wednesday - 19k in 82.25 run home from work via Gladesville bridge (4.20 pace)

Thursday - 4k w/u down to Glebe park - very windy tonight. Did 10 x 1 min on/off for 5k in 19 mins. Flying with the wind behind me and like a snail into it. 3k c/d jog home for 12k total.

Friday - no run had a dental check-up instead. The gum flaired up every time I had a coffee - evidently I was not supposed to drink hot liquids or alcohol for a week and not just Monday night after the tooth was pulled !

Saturday - Striders 10k at Lane Cove. Felt pretty tired with not enough sleep and no taper but thought I could still manage a sub 38 10k. It was very cold this morning and I ran to the top of Sribbly gums and back for about 5k warm-up. I knew in the warm-up that today would be a bit of a struggle and so it was. Got to 5k in 19.13 and back in 19.08 for a small negative split and 38.18 by my watch. Very even splits except for 4-5k which was about 19-20 secs slower. Thanks to Nick for giving me a lift today - always appreciated mate .
I did a 3k jog when I got home around the streets of Newtown for 18k all up.

Sunday - met up with Springer at Victoria rd Rozelle for a run into the city via Anzac Bridge and then the City to Surf route to Bondi and return via Bondi Junction, Oxford st, the city and Anzac Bridge again. 33k in 2h 32 (4.36 pace) over a very hill course. Struggled a bit on the way back but we were moving fairly solidly to Bondi. Wouldn't have run that hard by myself and the confidence is back that I can go sub 3 again at Sydney - funny how a good long run can do that.

Thanks for the company, Gerry.

Total 111k for the week.

No comments: