Tuesday, April 24, 2007

week 9 of 12 (Ending 29.04.07)

Last week was a big week in terms of mileage - this week is about consolidating that. The theory is that I will get a nice boost (aerobically) in about 2-3 weeks time.

Monday - Got out for 10.25 miserable kilometres in pouring rain in a slow 48.11 (4.42 pace) just turning the legs over.

Tuesday - program called for 10k of fartlek - running hard for 2-4 mins with another jog recovery as required. Ran the usual 10.25k route in 39.20 - just basically belted it out between traffic lights (average pace 3.50). Lots of rain about and plenty of puddles.

Wednesday - am - 23k with the boys round the bay - still raining but not as heavy as the last couple of days. Very easy run this morning.
- pm 8.5k easy - managed to get out between rain showers for another easy run.

Thursday - 15 min w/u down to Glebe park. Ran 12 x 1 min on/off around the park over the Anzac Bridge, thru the fish markets and back via Glebe high school. The loop is 5.5k exactly and I covered it in 21.45 (3.57 ave pace) and continued on to get the full 12 efforts in. Felt strong tonight and a good effort considering the climb over Anzac Bridge. A very long cool down jog of 25 mins for 15k total tonight. Here is a map of the route Glebe_park_5.5k .

Friday - had a dental visit in the afternoon after work and felt too tired afterwards to run.

Saturday - Up early (5.40am) for a lift down to the Bay with Nick. Had to be running early as Nick had things to do at his new house. 2 laps of the Bay (14k) were on the program today.Ran the first lap in 29.13 with the first couple of k's slowish but started to pick the pace up at the 4k mark. Finished strong with the last lap in 27.16. I didn't take 1k splits but I'd say we ran the last 10k under 39 mins or just about. A good solid hitout despite feeling very tired this week.

Sunday - I was going to get up early and run with Nick in Centennial Park but I was too tired plus I knew it would be a rush at home with getting ready for Bella's soccer match, so I headed out for a run at 4.30pm with Bella. She rode her bike and I ran around the Bay. Clocked up 19k in 79.15 (4.10 pace). I really felt like I was cruising today but was still able to throw in a few sub 4 min k's on the flat round the Bay. Bella completed her longest ever bike ride (on top of a 70min soccer match) so she was pretty happy - "beats running" she said !

Total 100k for the week and the first time the parrot predictor has gone sub 2.50 so I must be doing something right. I'm going to taper properly this week for the Striders 10k and give it my best shot - I want to run a 10k being absolutely fresh and see what I can do.

No comments: