Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The road to Sydney and your time starts now....

Well, I guess Sydney Marathon is the next longer term goal but with 18 weeks to go, I'll just be building up the k's for the next few weeks. Really looking forward to the changes at the end of the marathon that the organisers have introduced - should take a few minutes off most peoples times and hopefully attract a larger turn-out. It appears that the end will now follow Hickson rd and the waterfront at the Rocks while passing the ferries at Circular Quay and a sprint finish to the Opera House - cool !
I'll be doing my utmost to ensure as many Striders that I know enter the marathon as I reckon it's a good course.
Still a bit stiff and sore from Sunday's race so won't do anything too hard this week - just aiming to get in about 100k's of fairly easy running - might head out to Smithfield on Sunday for something - I thought it was a half but evidently it's a 25k race - might just jog it and enjoy the run for once !

2 comments:

Superflake said...

Good goal Steve. I'll be joining you this time. Looking forward to it.

Unknown said...

You're sure running in fine style at present. Look forward to following your journey to Sydney.

JD