Wednesday, August 22, 2007

pulling the plug on Sydney Marathon

The week after the city to surf I ran a measly 67k.
Legs felt stiff and sore and I was developing a sore throat.
Felt a bit dissapointed with my C2S effort as I didn't get the rest I needed and then did a few stupid things that affected how I ran the race - in the end, I only ran o.k because I pulled my finger out and started running hard over the last 3k.

Monday - ran from work to home via Harbour Bridge for 14k in 63 mins.

Tuesday - ran 14k again in 63 mins.

Wednesday - ran 14k in 60 mins from work to home via Gladesville bridge and Victoria rd.

Thursday - had annual leave today so I was able to run during the day - ran 25k in 1h48 (4.20 pace) with 2 laps of the bay included. Ran about 10k with Paul Jack who was running in his lunchtime and had a nice chat about whatelse - running !

Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday - no run. Have ended up with a chest infection and am now on antibiotics.
Got out for a run on Tuesday night and the legs felt great with a few days off but I was a bit phlegmy and blocked up so it made the run uncomfortable. Ran down to Sydney uni rowing club and return via Glebe park for 9k in 38.25 (4.16 pace) .

Not sure when I will be able to resume proper training - probably the end of the week but I've missed out too many k's just when I should have been doing 120-130k weeks so I'm not going to run the marathon in Sydney - lucky I haven't entered yet.

I think I'll go in the half instead although it is $77 - which is outrageous - especially as I can run SMC for less than $10 !

Well,
training went something like this :-

T - 9k in 38.25 (4.16 pace)
W - 13k run home from work in 56.30 (4.21 pace)
T - Tempo effort - 3 x 1.725 laps continous for 5.175k in 19.44 (3.48 Pace) with 7.5k of w/u & c/d.
F - run home from work 13k in 58 mins (4.28 pace)
S - 12k in 50 mins (4.10 pace) run home from Netball at 1pm.
S - 25k in 1h 53 (4.31 pace) around the Bay in the early afternoon sunshine.

Total 85k for the week. Still feeling the effects of the chest infection with a fairly bad cough hanging around.

1 comment:

Superflake said...

Pity that you are missing the marathon Steve. Hope you run well in the half if you do it.